Saturday, August 19, 2006

A toast for love.

Today my blog is dedicated to love; to Lili and Henry’s love, and the love they share with others, to friendship, the basic ingredient of love. ‘Cause that’s what they are, true friends. Today is my friends' wedding, and I’m sure is gonna be a tremendous party. I met Henry almost a couple of years ago, a French guy who was really quick to learn not just the language but the jokes and humor of a crazy nation like Mexico; that tells you how generous he is, he was not the kind of person who goes somewhere as an outsider, not at all, he doesn’t needs too work hard to “fit in” ‘cause he’s just enjoying life, playing like a kid, a really authentic guy. Henry was the first person with who I visited cantinas in Chihuahua (yes, like the dog, but that’s also a city in the north of Mexico), he loves the desert and the mountain, he learned to make bbqs (huge thing in the north of Mexico) and he walks very fast; as fast as Lili, awesome girl, Lili is amazing in every way, she is a salsa queen, smart, pretty, and with a peculiar sense of humor that makes you want to hug her after each true laugh you share with her. Lili is the perfect confident, someone you can really trust. I met her years ago, in Monterrey (my hometown), it was funny ‘cause back then we were never close, now we joke that it was like in those cartoons that every time I would enter the room, by chance she would go to the toilet, and when she would came into the room again, I was just leaving and so, the point is, that although we hanged with the same people and in the same places, we just…never were exactly in the same place at the same time, last year we worked together in Chihuahua, and I must say that without both of them, my life there would not have been the same. Henry fall in love with Lili the night he saw her dancing with a Lord-Vader helmet, and being as cute and caring as he is, he won her heart and now they are getting married!, I told Lili this was going to happen, I told her that since they both walk very fast, they were going to get married and after all, they did, I was right, I guess at the end all you need is someone who can walk next to you, not behind or ahead, but always at your side. They are coming to France after the wedding, and stay on this side of the ocean for a while. I’m sure they will have a life full of joy and happiness; I really wish them all the best. They make me keep the faith you know? Faith in good people and as Daniel Johnston sings “True love will find you in the end”; and it might come, from the person you less expects. Congratulations for Lili and Henry, all the best. (wow, I have a knot in my throat ) – ojo de Candy! ...love you guys :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home